Accredited practicing Dieticians (APDs) are university trained health professionals with the qualifications & skills to provide expert nutritional / dietary advice to both individuals and groups. APD is the only national credential recognised by the Australian Government, Medicare, Department of Veteran Affairs and most private health funds as the quality standard for nutrition and dietetic services in Australia.
Dieticians translate scientific nutrition information into practical advice to help you make the right decisions about what to eat to either attain or maintain optimal health, as well as treatment & prevention of both illness and disease. They keep up to date with the latest nutrition science and guidelines to provide best practice and ensure that their knowledge is evidence based.
How We Can Help
Dieticians can help people of all ages, genders, nationalities & financial circumstances. In addition to providing dietary advice to improve general health, we also have the expertise to provide therapeutic diets to treat or help manage a number of conditions including:
- Overweight / Obesity
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol levels & high blood pressure
- Lung conditions such as COPD / emphysema
- Food allergies / intolerances
- Gastrointestinal disorders including irritable bowel syndrome, diverticular disease, inflammatory bowel disease, coeliac disease
- Constipation/ diarrhoea
- Eating difficulties related to neurological disease (Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neuron disease, Parkinson’s & Huntington’s disease)
- Eating disorders
- Kidney & liver disease
We can provide expert advice on the changing dietary needs throughout the different stages of life for example; adolescence, pregnancy, during breast-feeding, the elderly and we are also able to provide advice to optimise physical performance for athletes.