Symptoms can include fever, flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue and/or shortness of breath.
Your health is our priority and given the current situation, we think it is important to keep you updated and informed on any changes that occur.
Minister for health, Greg Hunt has confirmed that ALL allied health businesses nationally can continue working and are encouraged to do so.
Update on Telehealth 27th March 2020: The Australian Physiotherapy Association has released a statement in relation to Private Health Funds and Telehealth. With several health funds agreeing to provide benefits for individual (one on one) Physiotherapy teleconsultations from Tuesday 14th April 2020. A list of Private Health Funds who will be providing this rebate has not yet been released. In the meantime it is encouraged that you check with your individual health fund to see if they will be covering telehealth consultations. We haven’t yet heard anything in relation to Private Health and Exercise Physiology, so watch this space…. and as soon as we know we will post it here.
Follow the link to read the full media release from the APA: https://australian.physio/media/australian-health-funds-announce-tele-physiotherapy-consultations
Massage Therapy: The Australian Natural Therapies Association, have released that massage therapists are to cease practicing effective immediately in accordance with Government guidelines. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to offer this service at the clinic.
Our staff are monitoring COVID-19 very closely. As of midday Monday 23rd March, Gyms and indoor sporting facilities have been temporarily closed. As a result, all our Gym clients will be relocated to the clinic for their treatment so that we can monitor your program from here.
As of Tuesday 24th March, Moreton bay council have closed all of their indoor pools, so we will no longer be able to run our regular hydrotherapy sessions. The practice is still open and is taking additional precautions to ensure we provide the safest environment for you, so we can continue to assist you here.
PhysiEx and group therapy classes: We are reducing the size of our Pilates and Yoga classes to 4 participants to ensure that the recommended 1.5m distance is maintainable for the duration of the class. Please phone ahead to book (additional classes will be added if necessary).
ALL group therapy is moving to ONLINE CLASSES enabling you to participate from the comfort of your own home. If this is something that you are interested in please phone reception on 5495 3255 or email: email@example.com
Telehealth services will soon be rebatable
The department of health is now developing full allied health telehealth options along with other health and medical services within the week. For our clients who are self-isolating or are at a higher risk of infection, this will enable us to continue vital face-to-face services where possible keeping you healthy and mobile. If you would like more info on our phone/online consultations, please phone 5495 3255.
We will continue upholding our high clinical and sanitation standards. Our staff oversee our clinic cleaning processes to ensure these are comprehensive and thorough.
- All surface areas are being disinfected and sanitised at a higher frequency, including reception, doors, chairs and toys in the play area.
- We have re-arranged our waiting area to allow for effective social distancing.
- The surface of the treatment beds are disinfected and cleaned between patients as regular practice.
- All exercise equipment is cleaned after use and the parallel bars are disinfected and sanitised at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Patients are encouraged to wash their hands prior to attending the clinic and are invited to use the hand sanitiser provided onsite. We have handwashing and hand sanitisation instructions at all sanitisation stations throughout the clinic please have a read to ensure you are getting optimal benefit from your sanitisation processes.
- The bathroom is monitored and cleaned by staff regularly throughout the day.
Your health is important to us. We ask that you evaluate your own health and the health of those that you have been in close contact with prior to attending the clinic.
If you have been unwell recently, please phone Reception on 5495 3255 prior to your appointment so that we can discuss with you your options for treatment.
We ask that you refrain from attending the practice if:
- you have been overseas within the last 14 days
- you have been in close contact with a known case of COVID-19
- Have flu like symptoms and have not received medical clearance from a GP.
If you are experiencing symptoms of the Flu with a fever or shortness of breath, please phone a doctor or 13health immediately.
To protect against infections, it is advised you:
- washing your hands often with soap and water
- using a tissue and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- avoiding close contact with others, such as touching
Read more about protective measures against coronavirus on the World Health Organization website.
It is important to us to continually deliver a high-quality service in the safest possible environment for you. We are here to assist you and help our community grow healthier and happier, at all stages of life. We take great pride in the role we play in the lives of our clients, so please know that you can continue to rely on us.
If you have any further questions, please contact us on 5495 3255 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide you with relevant up-to-date information as it becomes available. We urge you to be vigilant for signs of the virus.
For the latest information about the Coronavirus, visit the Department of Health website.
This page was last updated on Monday 24 March 2020.