A referral from a Doctor is not required. Rebates from private health funds are available through HICAPS. (HICAPS allows us to process your claim immediately so that you are only required to pay the gap amount)
MEDICARE and PHYSIOTHERAPY
If you comply with each of the following criteria you may be eligible to receive physiotherapy via Medicare.
- People that have at least one chronic medial condition and complex care needs
- People that require care from a General Practitioner (GP) and at least two additional health professionals or care providers
- People that are managed by their GP through an Enhanced Primary Care program/plan (EPC)
REFERRAL TO PHYSIOTHERAPY
- Once on an EPC Care Plan your GP can refer you for up to five physiotherapy services per year
- Medicare rebates (HICAPS) are available onsite for Physiotherapy consultations with an additional $20 gap fee
- See your Doctor if you think you might be eligible
A Doctor’s referral is required. Direct billing to WorkCover and assistance with your claim is available.
Services available for WorkCover patients:
- Hands-on professional assessment and treatment by your personal physiotherapist
- Aquatic physiotherapy, water exercise classes and Pilates
- Clinic gym sessions as well as offsite gym programs
- Communication with your WorkCover rehabilitation officer
- Return to work programs
- Worksite visits
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
We also offer:
- Direct billing to WorkCover
- Assistance with handling your claim
Our aim is:
- Pain-free function
- Quick return to work
A Doctor’s referral is required. Clients are billed direct to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Services offered to Veterans’ Affairs patients include:
- Management of osteoporosis and arthritis
- Treatment of neck, back and joint pain
- Falls prevention programs
- Aquatic Physiotherapy: treatment and exercise in heated water
- Incontinence management
- Hands on professional assessment and treatment by your personal physiotherapist
- Communication with your doctor
We also offer:
- Direct billing to Veterans’ Affairs
Our aim is:
- A Pain free healthy lifestyle, with a full return to normal duties
THIRD PARTY INSURANCE (Motor Vehicle Accidents)
A Doctor’s referral is required. Direct billing to the Insurer is available for approved claims.
Exercise physiology can be covered by Medicare, WorkCover, DVA and Private Health Funds – ask us how.
What can an Exercise Physiologist help you with?
- Safe, effective exercise programs for all people
- Specific exercise programs for diabetes, arthritis, heart and lung conditions, and any chronic disease
- Motivation to make a real change in your exercise habits
- Gym programs, personal training, health assessments and Pilates
- Liaison with your health care team to make exercise safe and effective
A Doctor’s referral is only required for new clients to our practice.
NURSING HOME VISITS
A Doctor’s referral is not required. However, the physiotherapist will require permission to liaise with the nursing home staff or the Doctor in order to provide effective treatment and communication.
Gift vouchers are available for Massage sessions and for a Pilates assessment and introductory class.