The Type 2 Diabetes group service consists an initial assessment and eight group sessions delivered by our Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) Alex Magee. The service incorporates of nutritional education from our Dietitian and medication advice from a Diabetes Educator.
Benefits of the Type 2 Diabetes group service includes:
- Improved management of blood glucose control
- Increased pancreatic function & improved insulin resistance
- Improved cardiorespiratory fitness and muscular strength/endurance
- Promote weight loss and reduce elevated blood pressure
- Overall improved quality of life
- Connect with other people just like you
What will the session include?
- An individual initial assessment and 8 group sessions (this is in addition to an EPC referral)
- Cardiorespiratory and strength exercises
- Strategies to overcome barriers to physical activity
- Weight management
- Education regarding complications, medication and healthy eating
How do I get involved?
- Ask your GP for a ‘Group Allied Health services under Medicare for patients with Type 2 Diabetes’
- Once we receive the referral we will contact you to organise a time for your initial assessment with our Exercise Physiologist at a time that is convenient for you or you can call us on 07 5495 3255
Is there a cost involved?
Initial Assessment: $77.95 for 45 minutes with a $67.95 rebate (out of pocket expense $10.00)
Group Program: Bulk billing available for up to 8 group sessions for eligible clients
For bookings and enquiries, call (07) 5495 3255