PhysiEx Therapeutic Yoga combines evidence-based exercise science with yoga techniques for therapy and is a specialised class run by an experienced Accredited Exercise Physiologist.
Yoga is a system that recognises the multi-dimensional nature of the human person. It cultivates health and wellbeing (physical, mental, emotional and social), using a range of different techniques. This may include postures, movement, breath awareness, breathing exercises, relaxation and meditation. Our therapeutic Yoga class is suitable for everybody, with an emphasis on people with chronic pain, back injuries and many other joint injuries.
Everyone is built differently, with unique areas of weakness or tightness, we will adjust the sequence if poses to suit your body, with gentle and more challenging options throughout the class. This will enable you to participate at your own pace.
Benefits of PhysiEx Therapeutic Yoga
- Improves posture, flexibility and balance
- Boosts circulation
- Many people find the breathing techniques and mindful attitudes of yoga beneficial for anxiety, stress and depression
- Maintains bone density
- Improved pain management
- Increased focus, self-awareness and vitality
- Friday: 7am – 8am
Please call us on (07) 5495 3255 to book a class or leave your contact details below.
* Our PhysiEx Therapeutic Yoga sessions are run by an expertly trained exercise physiologist.
* Not claimable through private health fund as Yoga does not attract a HICAPS item code, therefore No rebates are claimable from your health fund.