Massage is a natural therapeutic treatment that can aid both mental and physical well-being. It is used for relaxation, relieving muscular tension and pain, increasing circulation and lymphatic flow/drainage, and to help aid the body’s natural healing properties.
Our Massage Therapist uses the following techniques:
- Deep Tissue: targeting the deeper layers if muscle tissue. The emphasis is to alter structure and muscle restrictions.
- Remedial: to heal the muscles and tendons. This is a whole body treatment, tracing the pain back to the original cause. Specialised techniques are used to help with the body’s natural repair process, which may include passive stretching.
- Sports Massage: works to heal sporting injuries and/or help ready the body for sporting events.
- Trigger Point Therapy: targeting the painful and hyper-irritable points in the muscle tissue, which can cause local or referred pain, including headaches. Trigger points are commonly found in the neck and shoulder region, and are released with a press-release method and (if needed) vibration.
- Lymphatic Drainage: a gentle, whole body treatment, focusing on relaxing the nervous system while aiding the body’s immune system. Specialised and gentle rhythmic techniques, move the skin in the direction of lymphatic flow. This helps the body naturally eliminate excess toxins, dead cells, viruses, bacteria and chemicals while helping with fluid congestion, wound healing and relieving anxiety and stress.