My Health for Life – for a happier, healthier you
Do you want to improve your health and reduce the risk of developing a chronic disease? Then My Health for Life could be for you. It’s a free lifestyle program available to eligible participants.
Tell me more
We’re all different and joining a gym or having a special “diet” doesn’t work for everyone. Having support is also a big factor when it comes to staying healthy. My Health for Life is a health program underpinned by this understanding.
Whether you want to lose weight, be more active or live a healthier life, the My Health for Life program can give you the skills and support to achieve your goals. It’s a positive way to help you get your health back on track!
There are no costs involved
My Health for Life is funded by the Queensland Government, so it’s provided at no cost to participants.
It gives you a starting point for a healthier life
There isn’t a more perfect time to start living a healthier life than now. All you need to do is begin! The My Health for Life program gives you a starting point, a plan and the motivation to make healthier choices and kick some goals.
You have choice
You’ll be able to choose the health goal that’s most important to you. Then, our team at Caboolture Physical Therapy Centre will help you break that goal into easy, manageable steps and support you on your journey to action them.
The program is tailored to suit your needs
Health goals are personal – My Health for Life is underpinned by the understanding that everyone’s goal is different and personal to them.
Support is important for success
My Health for Life is about supporting your success. Our team at Caboolture Physical Therapy Centre will be there to help to motivate you and work with you to develop strategies to live a healthier life. We’ll also provide you with useful resources, tips and online tools for added support.
There’s an online Risk Checker
You can use the online health check to determine your personal risk of developing type 2 diabetes. You may be eligible to access My Health for Life or a number of other Government-funded programs that can assist you to reduce your risk.
Sounds great! Who’s eligible?
- Those aged 45 years and over (18+ for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people) who have been identified by a health professional as being at high risk of type 2 Diabetes, heart disease or stroke
- Those who are 18+ with a pre-existing condition, including: pre-diabetes, high blood pressure high cholesterol, or a previous history of gestational diabetes
How do I sign up?
- Drop into our reception, where we can help you through the online check and confirm that you’re eligible. Then we can direct you straight into the program!
- Take the health check at home on the My Health for Life website to check your eligibility
- No referral from your doctor needed
What are the benefits?
- You will receive 6 group sessions over a 6-month period
- A one-on-one assessment at the beginning of the program
- Wide range of support resources (including online support)
- 6 months of follow up support upon program completion
Want to know more?
For more information on the My Health For Life program, phone Caboolture Physical Therapy Centre to speak with one of our facilitators on 5495 3255.